Taco Tuesday alternative! Enjoy tasty taco meat and toppings, with lower carbs.
Taco Meat: 1lb Lean Ground turkey, ½ Tsp. Chili Powder, ½ Tsp. Ground Cumin, 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano, ¼ Tsp. Salt, ¼ Cup Low Sodium, Chicken Stock
Avocado Topping: ½ Avocado Diced, 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Diced, 1 Tomato Diced, Cilantro
Salsa: 1 Yellow Onion, 2 Gloves of Garlic, ¼ Cup Lime Juice (about two limes), ½ Cup Green Salsa (Or any salsa you have)
“Taco Shells”: Head of Iceberg Lettuce
Serving for 1 person = 3 Tacos. Makes 4 Servings.
Per serving: 242 calories, 23g P/ 14g C/ 11g F
- Food process: onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, green salsa. Pulse until you have a smooth salsa consistency and set a side.
- In non-stick pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Cook and break up the ground turkey for 5-minutes and then add chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt to the meat.
- Add the processed salsa to the ground turkey and cook 5 more minutes till it is completely cooked.
- Add chicken stock. Turn to medium-high, cook for additional 2 mins, and then turn the heat off and let simmer.
- In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes, avocado, bell pepper, and cilantro on top.
- Taco time! Take 2 or 3 pieces of lettuce and put them on top of each other so you have a thicker “taco shell” use 1/3 cup of ground turkey, and top with 2 Tbsp of the avocado mix.